Saturday, November 6, 2010

STILL Laboring...

After laying still so the double dose could work I was up and walking again at 3:00 p.m. I sure missed my walking partner (Ally) but it was WAY intense for her to be there.. Bob walked with me and Mom Walked with me.. and we stopped so I could get through those REALLY GOOD contractions!! WOW!! I just knew I was making Lots and Lots of Progress then!! So I just Kept on Walking and at 6:15 p.m. when the doc checked me... OMG I was still at 1 cm.. I'm not sure what all that pain and contractions while I was walking was about..but it sure wasn't dilating me any! :( Why oh Why do I have such long labors??? Oh well, he broke my water and at 6:20 p.m. he started me on Pitocin (sp) and figured that would get me going!
At 10 p.m. I gave in to the pain and had my epidural(sp)..and when they checked me at 10:20 pm I was only at 3cm!! Mom and Dad had been popping in and out checking on me while ally was with the Baller's and then going back to be with Allyssa... My Brothers and families got to the hospital in plenty of time LOL...they left Ramsey after school around 3:30p.m. and at first thought they would probably miss the birth..but NOPE!!
At 11p.m. they upped my pitosin and at 12:15a.m. I was at 4 cm...so they cranked the pitosin up AGAIN! 12:45a.m. another pitosin increase... and from there I was in and out of sleep... although my epidural felt different than the one I had with Allyssa, because this time I could feel alot more, it did block me from feeling any contractions..and the next thing I know I am calling Mom and telling her I think she needs to get into the room I was at 8cm and felt like I was going fast now!!! That was at 7:35 a.m. and Adilynn arrived at 9:04 a.m.!! Wow.. what a delivery...Bob and my mom were in the room with me to witness Adilynn's arrival, and they both helped me tremendously!! My dad was in the waiting room and came in to see her right away! Allyssa was at home w/ my brothers and family...and they came up to the hospital soon after she was born! Praise God for it ALL!!!
My doctor joked that it sure takes me FOREVER to get to 5cm but after that...look out I go fast!! I had pretty much the same difficult time dilating w/ Allyssa!! But...in the end they're worth it.. I've got my two Beautiful Girls...and ....I'm DONE!!

No comments: